April 26, 2021
Registration Procedure of LLP: briefly and clearly
This memorandum briefly and clearly describes all the actions that need to be taken in order to register a legal entity in the legal form of the limited liability partnership in Kazakhstan (hereinafter – the “Company, LLP“). For more detailed information on incorporation of a legal entity in Kazakhstan please follow the link.
Preliminary Actions of a Founder
- Choose the legal form of the Company;
- Identify a director;
- Identify an accountant;
A sample of an employment contract with an accountant in the Kazakh language can be found here
A sample of an employment contract with an accountant in the Russian language can be found here
- Determine the location of the Company;
A sample of a lease agreement for non-residential premises in the Russian language can be found here
A sample of a lease agreement for non-residential premises in the English language can be found here
- Determine the types of economic activities of the Company;
- Decide on the name of the Company;
- Select the Company’s servicing bank;
- Select an insurance company;
- Issue a Power of Attorney to the authorized representative of the founder;
A sample of a Power of Attorney in the Kazakh language can be found here
A sample of a Power of Attorney in the Russian language can be found here
- Prepare sketches of corporate stamps;
- Prepare a package of articles of association and other documents for submission to the registration authority.
Procedure for state registration of a legal entity
State registration of a legal entity related to a small business entity can be carried out (note – at the choice of the applicant) in two forms – paper and electronic, namely:
- by submitting a notice of the start of entrepreneurial activity directly (note – in person) to the State Corporation “Government for Citizens” (hereinafter – “PSC”);
- by submitting an electronic notification that is completed on the e-government web portal.
We will consider the procedure for registering a limited liability partnership with a sole founder through an authorized representative in an appearance order.
The representative for the registration of the LLP in an appearance order can apply to any registration authority, namely, the State Corporation “Government for Citizens”, regardless of the postal address of the Company.
To register the LLP with a sole founder in an appearance order, you will need the following documents:
– Decision of the sole founder on the approval of the Company (indicating the name of the Company in Russian, Kazakh and English) and the charter of the Company;
A sample of a Decision in the Kazakh language can be found here
A sample of a Decision in the Russian language can be found here
– A document certifying the identity of the representative (ID card or passport);
– A document confirming the authority of the representative, (power of attorney, contract, decision of the founder, etc. in accordance with the law);
– Information about the payment of the state fee or a copy of payment order confirming payment of the prescribed fees;
NB: The charters (regulations) of legal entities related to small businesses, their branches and representative offices are not submitted in the process of state registration.
A sample of a Charter in the Kazakh language can be found here
A sample of a Charter in the Russian language can be found here
The representative may pay a state fee in the register of the PSC, where he will be given a document with information about payment of state fee. The amount of the state fee for the registration of LLP is 6,5 MCI (monthly calculated index) (18 960,5 tenge, which is approximately 45 US dollars).
The size of the authorized capital
According to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, for small businesses, no amount (even the minimum) of the authorized capital is provided, that is, the authorized capital can be equal to zero.
Registration of the LLP
Upon submission of the necessary documents listed above, the PSC employee will register the Company in the form of LLP within 1 hour.